Colourpop Blow Me Away + Belle Of The Ball Palettes

by - outubro 26, 2017


Ai Colourpop, como me tentas…

Decidi experimentar 2 paletas coloridas da colourpop enquanto havia vestígios de verão. Claro que quando a alfandega as decidiu soltar, já não restava sol para ser considerado normal usar sombras rosa e laranja… Mas conta a intenção.

Oh, Colourpop, how you tempt me…

I decided to try 2 colourful palettes from colourpop while there were still traces of summer. Of course, that when the customs decided to release them, there was no sun left to be considered normal to use pink and orange shadows… But you know, I got an A for effort.





Eu adoro sombras individuais. Não há nada melhor do que podermos criar as nossas próprias palettes, tirar e meter sombras e brincar com as disposições. Então quando vi que a colourpop ia lançar sombras individuais eu já sabia que lhe ia dar o meu ordenado. Decidi esperar, pois para “render” teria que fazer uma encomenda grande, e não queria arriscar dinheiro em sombras inferiores à Makeup Geek, já que depois da paulada da alfândega o valor final ia ficar muito idêntico.

Aguentei até ao dia em que a colourpop meteu grande parte do site com 50% de desconto, incluindo as paletas já feitas, que por si só já saem mais baratas do que comprar 4 sombras individuais. Paguei 8 dólares por cada, o que equivale a 2 dólares por sombra (não me perguntem quanto paguei de taxas porque não me apetece chorar, thank you so much).

I love individual shadows. There is nothing better than being able to create our own pallets, take out, add shadows, and play with their display. Hence, when I saw that the colourpop was going to sell individual shadows, I already knew that I was going to give it my pay check. I decided to wait, because to "save money" I would have to make a big order, and I did not want to risk over paying shadows with less quality than Makeup Geek, since after the hit from the customs the final value would be very identical.

I held on until the day that colourpop decided to make a big sale on the site with a 50% discount, including the already made palettes, which alone are cheaper than buying 4 individual shadows. I paid 8 dollars for each, which is equivalent to 2 dollars per shadow (do not ask me how much I paid for fees because I do not feel like crying, thank you so much).




Eu escolhi as 2 mais vibrantes, e as que eu sabia que não ia ter cores repetidas. A Blow Me Away é bem laranja e berrante e a Belle of the Ball é rosa com tons mais subtil e um rosa escuro intenso.

Temos 3 sombras mate e uma metálica em cada paleta. Todas têm um pigmento de outro mundo como conseguem ver nos swatches. Os mate são macios ao ponto de se desfazer e os metálicos parecem líquido. Não são muito diferentes das sombras da makeup geek, mas vou continuar preferir as ultimas já que são muito mais fáceis de comprar.

I chose the 2 most vibrant, and the ones I knew I would not have repeated colours. The Blow Me Away is very orange and loud and the Belle of the Ball is a pink version with subdue tones and a dark intense pink.

We have 3 matte shades and one metallic shade on each palette. All have a pigment from another world as you can see on the swatches. The mattes are soft to the point of dissolving and the metallic shades look, and feel, almost liquid. They are not very different from makeup geek shadows, but I will continue to prefer the latter since they are much easier to buy. 

Take a Break | Issues | Certerfold | Slim Fit

Take a Break | Issues | Certerfold | Slim Fit

Secrets | Soft Core | Fair Play | On the Fence

Secrets | Soft Core | Fair Play | On the Fence

Fiquei super contente com a notícia que a colourpop ia ser vendida na Sephora americana e canadiana, mas já ouvi rumores que vai ser uma marca exclusivamente online. Já experimentaram as sombras desta marca?

I was super pleased with the news that colourpop was going to be sold in American and Canadian Sephora, but I've heard rumours that it's going to be an online exclusive brand. Have you tried these eye shadows?

You May Also Like

3 comentários

  1. As cores são uns amores e pigmentadas! Nunca comprei nada da marca e imaginado o valor pago na alfândega acho que nem tão cedo vou comprar :(
    Beijinho,
    Vou de Saltos

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Adorei os tons mais rosa.
    Beijinhos :)
    https://dailyvlife.blogspot.pt/2017/10/50-outfit-cruzado.html

    ResponderEliminar